Inspiring Resilient Leaders
practical tools to build team and organisational resilience
To succeed in business today resilience is an essential skill. Resilience is the ability to respond effectively to pressures and bounce back from setbacks and adversity.
Ideal for: Managers and Team Leaders responsible for supporting teams in the workplace, especially during times of uncertainty and change.
At a glance: An interactive, practical programme providing leadership skills to recognize and mitigate stress in the workplace. This programme equips leaders with the tools and techniques to help their teams manage pressure effectively and build resilience.
Benefits to you and your organisation:
- Knowledge of how leadership skills in resilience can be learned and developed to improve team performance and well-being
- Increased flexibility, problem solving and confidence in the face of challenges and demands
- Greater ability to support the psychological health and well-being of others
- Enhanced awareness of stress and the skills to manage pressure more effectively
- Practical tools and techniques which build resilient behaviours, attitudes and thinking.
Over the course of this 1 day programme you will:
Understand the psychology of stress
- Discuss perceptions, definitions and causes of stress
- Understand pressure and its relationship to stress
- Identify the impact and implications of workplace stress
- Challenge the common myths that perpetuate stress
Support individuals within your team
- Learn a step by step guide to support the well-being of others
- Understand your role in building team resilience
* For leaders who want the complete set of tools from 'The Resilience Toolbox', a follow-up workshop can be delivered to suit your specific requirements.
Thinking Tools to develop resilient thinking
- Identify and challenge the 10 key thinking distortions that create stress and negativity
- Practice 10 thinking skills to generate rational, flexible and constructive thinking
- Learn how to reframe problems into outcomes
Physical Tools to increase physical resilience
Behavioural Tools to reduce pressure
- Learn to identify the signs and symptoms of stress in yourself and your team
- Understand the physiology of the stress response
- Know how to recognise and manage the 6 primary workplace stressors
- Learn how to build effective support networks and ask for help
Lifestyle Tools to establish greater work/life balance
- Examine the areas of your lifestyle that are out of balance
- Redress the balance by identify daily resilience practices